1. Download The Official Nycc App
Don’t act like a newbie when you get to NYCC! Take on the show like a pro when you download the Official NYCC App. Remember to open the App before you get to the Javits and get the latest updates (WiFi in the Javits is spotty!).
Visit www.NYCCMobile.com on your mobile device to download the app today.
2. Plan, Prioritize, Strategize
With so much to see at NYCC make sure you’re in all the right places. Plan your daily agenda before you get on site and set up a My Show Planner account! You can organize all the Exhibitors, Panels and Autographing sessions you want to see so you don’t miss a thing! Check out the schedules and mark what you really want to go to and an alternate in case you can’t get in or don’t want to wait in a long line. Don’t forget to check out the Exclusives, Portfolio Reviews and In-Booth Signings with our Exhibitors. Note - while we add as much info to our website for you as possible, we only know as much as our Exhibitors tell us.
3. There Are Free Shuttles
Yes, we said FREE shuttles to and from the Javits Center, Penn Station, Grand Central and the Official NYCC Hotels are available on all show days. Check out the schedule.
4. Enter Through The Correct Door
Enter through the correct door
Did You Get Your Ticket/Badge In The Mail Or From A Retailer?
Use the GREEN entrances; these are on the lower level off of 37th. This is where you will enter to access to Queue Hall (Hall 1C) to wait for the show to open
Have You Purchased A Ticket Online And Need To Pick It Up?
Use the BLUE entrance upstairs off of 35th Street. You’ll then head down to the GREEN entrance.
Are You A VIP, Professional, Press, Medical Or Exhibitor?
Use the BLUE entrances; these are upstairs off of 35th street. This is where you can queue for the show.
Super important thing about lines: remember to only use the entrances noted above. If you need to enter through the GREEN doors we suggest walking up to 10th Avenue and 38th Street and walking down from there! This quick tip will save you time and help you not get stuck in a huge hoard of people before you even get to the Javits!
5. Show Up At The Right Time!
- Thursday: 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Sunday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Sunday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 1:00PM – 10:30 PM
- Friday: 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Saturday: 11:00 – 11:00 PM
- Sunday: 10:30 AM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 12:00PM – 8:00 PM
- Friday: 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Saturday: 11:00 – 8:00 PM
- Sunday: 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
6. Tap-In Tap-Out
Remember that when you enter and exit NYCC you’re going to have to tap your Badge with a member of the NYCC-ID Patrol (they’re those crew members you will see holding scanners at all the entrances and exits at the show). When you enter the building, you MUST tap your NYCC-ID Badge. When you exit the building, you MUST tap it again. You MUST tap your NYCC-ID Badge every time you enter or exit the building or the whole space time continuum will get screwed up and nobody wants that to happen! Before you get to the show you will want to Activate your NYCC-ID Badge so that it uniquely identifies you. Haven’t activated your badge yet? You can do it here.
7. Main Stage Clearing
For the first time ever, New York Comic Con is clearing the Main Stage after each Panel. We have a the full process on our website – which we strongly recommend reading before you arrive at the Show – but here are a few bullet points to assist you:
- When you enter the Queue Hall, view the large signs right inside Queue Hall to see which Panels have reached maximum capacity and which still have space available
- Head to the back left of the Queue Hall to line up in the chute for the specific Panel you want to see
- Wait in line until Security puts a Panel-specific wristband on you
- Do not leave the line until you have a wristband on your wrist
- One wristband per person and you must be present to receive a wristband
- Once you receive your wristband, DO NOT remove it. You will not be allowed back in line or into the Main Stage without it. Lost or removed wristbands will not be replaced and you will not be allowed into the Main Stage. There are no exceptions to this rule
- If you leave the line after getting your wristband, arrive at least 35 minutes prior to the Panel start time
- Make sure your wristband is on your wrist and visible
- Head into the same chute for that Panel and wait until you are let in
All Panels are first-come first-served. NYCC will only be clearing the Main Stage. No other Panel rooms will be cleared. For more information click here.
8. Avoid Long Entry Lines
Don’t want to wait in the Queue Hall all morning long? We don’t blame you. If you’re not worried about getting into a Main Stage Panel here’s an insider’s secret – show up about an hour after the show officially opens and you’ll skip all the waiting around and walk right in the front door! Other long lines to avoid – the ATM, bring cash with you.
9. Byo – Bring Your Own
As Con Veterans, We Recommend A Few Things:
- Swag Bag – this guy will hold all of your awesome NYCC swag you pick up throughout the show. You can also buy a nice swag bag at the NYCC Show Store!
- Backpack/Sealable Bag – to hide the precious items only for your eyes
- Refillable water bottle – so you don’t have to wait in line to buy water and you’ll never come close to dehydration. No one wants that. Fill up and drink up!
- Survival kit – the necessities you don’t think about until you need them: tissues, hand sanitizer, Band-Aids, aspirin, chapstick
- Camera – you’ll want to snap a pic of all the awesome costumes!
- Several comic book bags and boards to insure your exclusive comics get home in grade A condition.
- Snacks – Because Javits food is expensive and lines are long!
- Deodorant/Antiperspirants – not just for you but for the guy standing next to you as well
- Power – A long day at NYCC can quickly drain those devices in your pocket. Bring your chargers with you!
- iPhone, iPad, Droid, Gameboy, Tamogatchi – whatever web enabled device you need to download the NYCC App and entertain yourself while in line at NYCC
10. Eat & Hydrate
No superhero ever saved the world on an empty stomach! Make sure you’re fueled up and ready to take on NYCC like a pro! Bring snacks with you. And if you’re really hungry the food court is located in on Level 1 of the Javits Center. Remember that water bottle we mentioned before? Yea, it’s important enough to mention twice. Water is a hot commodity at NYCC and no one wants to spend their hard earned con time waiting in line to then pay a ton of money for a bottle of water. Bring a refillable water bottle and hit up the water fountains when you’re feeling parched.
11. What Should I Wear?
Comfortable shoes. There is nothing worse than a day at New York Comic Con ruined because of blistered feet! After that we suggest layers in case you get cold or hot so you can adjust accordingly. Be sure to check the weather first.
12. Follow The Rules
Prop weapons will be allowed providing they are composed of foam or cardboard only. Prop firearms are allowed only if they cannot be mistaken for real weapons. The barrel of all prop firearms must be covered with brightly-colored caps. Prop bows will be allowed providing all arrows have soft tips. Also we have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for any kind of harassment. Remember: Cosplay is not consent. Make sure you are aware of the full harassment policy.