The New York Comic Con (NYCC) Crew team plays a vital role in ensuring the show runs smoothly, while being successful and fun for Guests and Fans. It's an excellent way to experience life as a show organizer - see what goes on "behind the curtain" - and contribute to a massive event for YOUR city and community!
Before you apply
Please review the following notes so you know what you’re getting into:
- This is a paid, temporary position.
- You must be 21 years of age (as of October 7, 2015) and able to work in the U.S.
- You are not required to purchase a Ticket for NYCC if selected to Crew.
- No refunds will be given to those who purchased a NYCC Ticket before being approved as a part of the NYCC Crew.
- It takes us a little bit to process applications – you’ll receive a confirmation email when we get the application so don’t worry. We appreciate your patience.
- NYCC is a LONG show. To ensure full team coverage, we ask all accepted Crew be available to work a minimum of 4 shifts (approximately 24 hours) between Thursday, October 8, through Sunday, October 11. People who have more flexible availability may be given preference. Only apply if you are fully prepared to make this time commitment!
- Do not apply if you plan to work as an Exhibitor, Artist or Panelist at NYCC.
- Crew must wear the official team shirt whenever working. Full-body costumes or items that obstruct your Crew T-shirt are not permitted.
General tasks and qualifications include, but may not be limited to…
- Line management for 100,000+ people – indoors AND outdoors in some cases, all day, every day
- Familiarizing yourself with NYCC info and training aids
- Answering questions
- Line management
- Pointing attendees in the right direction
- Running rooms
- Collaborating with Staff
- Did we mention Line Management?
The NYCC Staff is looking for individuals who possess at least several, if not all, of the following qualities…
- Loves crowds – Being heard over the crowd is important; doubly so to be heard in a friendly, loud and informative manner (bonus if you love bullhorns).
- Patience and Composure – You will be speaking to people CONSTANTLY. Treat them well—they’re here to have as good of a time as you!
- Proactive – Fans expect Crew members to know as much about New York Comic Con as they do. Therefore, the best Crew candidates should be prepared to answer any/all question imaginable, and if someone stumps you, know who to contact on Staff to get the right answer.
- Professional – When you work New York Comic Con, you not only represent NYCC and yourself, but NYC and its pop culture community.
- Service-Oriented – You will be bombarded with questions, requests and conversations, so it’s helpful if you’re naturally friendly and outgoing!
- Works well with others and is also comfortable working independently, should the need arise.
Crew positions are limited and all applications are subject to approval. Applying does not guarantee acceptance or a spot on crew – for either application.
Ready to apply?
If you’re new to our little family, or not sure if you qualify for the above, fill out the new crew application here:
New Crew Application