Coming in costume to New York Comic Con? Why not strut your stuff for a chance to win a prize? NYCC is presenting three costume contests for fans to get up on stage, show off their skills, and maybe take home a prize or two. There's no pre-registration necessary for NYCC's Costume Contests. Instead, simply come by the Variant Stage a half hour before each contest to register. We'll be signing up fans first come, first served, with the first 30 fans taking the stage for each showcase.
NYCC will be presenting these daily costume contests instead of a Saturday night Masquerade this year. Our Friday and Saturday contests will be the culmination of our daily programming on the Variant Stage, and our Sunday contest is designed for children — giving the next generation of cosplayers time to shine!
Dates and Times for Costume Contests
Friday, October 12
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Saturday, October 13
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Sunday, October 14
2:15 PM - 2:45 PM
Check out our amazing prize sponsors!
Want To Enter:
All costumed fans are eligible to participate in NYCC's Friday and Saturday contests, with our Costume Contest on Sunday reserved for attendees 12 and under.
Participants in each contest will walk across the stage, posing if they'd like, as our MC reads each name and introduction (collected just prior to the contest). Participants may enter either solo or in groups. Kids may walk across the stage with a parent or guardian.
All participants in the Kids Costume Contest will receive a certificate, and the audience along with a team of judges will select the winners in the daily Costume Contests.
Eligible costumes can span the worlds of comics, anime, movies, and games (if it's geeky, it's allowed), and the events are designed for casual fans and folks looking to have a good time up to serious costumers.
- All participants must have a valid NYCC badge (this includes Exhibitor, Press, or Professional badges)
- Participants must wear costumes. Naked isn't a costume.
- Participants may not wear the same costume in two or more contests.
- Costumes must be generally acceptable to convention audiences. Costumes deemed too graphic, revealing, or otherwise unacceptable (Nazi Zombies, Schrödinger from Hellsing) by the contest organizer will not be allow to participate.
- There will be no microphone on stage for participants.
- Whatever you bring on stage, you must take off stage. Do not leave a mess.
Questions about rules and what's allowed? Please write to Kathleen at KWamser@Reedexpo.com.