Are you a Fan Group looking to obtain a space at NYCC? NYCC will have a number of small booths available for official, unofficial, local and regional Fan groups and similar Fan organizations. These booths will allow the groups to promote their organizations to New York Fans at the show. If your group is interested in applying for space, it’s simple - fill out and submit this form by July 26 and we will contact you to let you know the status of your application. Don’t assume we know who you are. Please fill out the form, particularly the “additional information” section in full detail.
Note that if you have received a Booth at NYCC in the past you must still apply for 2013 consideration. Space is limited and this form won’t be up forever so apply today!
Instructions for obtaining a Fan Group Booth:
- Fill out the following Booth Application (this is not a contract). Application submissions will close on July 26 at 5:00 EST.
- We will contact all Fan groups by August 2 with the status of their application.
- If your request is accepted you will then be sent a contract and will need to send in your signed agreement no later than August 9.
Fan groups that are accepted will receive:
- One complimentary 6x8 booth space
- One 6 ft table
- 2 chairs
- 4 exhibitor badges
- Not included are electricity, internet and other furnishings and, if desired, must be purchased separately
We look for the following in Fan Group Applications:
- Involvement and positive influence in the Pop Culture Community
- Quality of involvement per Fan member, not simply quantity of Fan members
- Originality of Fan Group purpose
- Exhibiting ideas and plans that are creative and exciting and that will add to your fellow Fan’s experience in some way
General Rules for Fan Group Booths:
- All Fan Group Booths must be not-for-profit groups
- Subletting of booths (selling) is prohibited
- Selling of any item or service is strictly prohibited by any Fan Group. Selling prohibited items “under the table” is a further violation of the Fan Group Booth agreement and will result in immediate removal of involved group from the convention
- Each booth must be staffed by at least one person who represents the group at all times during all hours the show is open. Hours are as follows:
Thursday, October 10: 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Friday, October 11: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday, October 12: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Sunday, October 13: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- If you have questions about whether what you plan on using your Fan Group Booth for is approved by NYCC or not, please contact Ali Farina.
All fields with a red asterisks (*) are required.
BEWARE of the Fair Guide
Reed Exhibitions and New York Comic Con do NOT support the Fair Guide -- it is NOT affiliated with Reed Exhibitions or New York Comic Con. Please be aware that you may receive solicitations for the Fair Guide from Construct Data, its publisher, which use the name of New York Comic Con – do not be fooled. Construct Data currently operates out of Slovakia (it has previously operated out of Austria and Germany).
BEWARE of the Expo-Guide
Reed Exhibitions and New York Comic Con also do NOT support the Expo-Guide -- it is NOT affiliated with Reed Exhibitions or New York Comic Con. Please be aware that you may receive solicitations for the Expo-Guide from Commercial Online Manuals, its publisher, which use the name of New York Comic Con – again, do not be fooled. The Expo-Guide currently operates out of Mexico.
For further warnings on the Fair Guide and the Expo-Guide, please check out www.stopecg.org (the website was set up originally to deal with the European City Guides, but it now addresses the Fair Guide and Expo-Guide as well as several other similar matters).
And please remember – the only directories and guides affiliated with Reed Exhibitions are those published by Reed Exhibitions, including the official show directories. If you have any doubts about a directory/guide solicitation using New York Comic Con name (for example, if the solicitation requires payment made to an address in a foreign country), please contact an New York Comic Con salesperson ASAP.