MOVE-IN/MOVE-OUT HAS CHANGED FROM PREVIOUS YEARS. PLEASE READ ALL LOAD-IN/LOAD-OUT INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY.
For those exhibitors who are “do-it-yourself-ers” we’re offering a little extra assistance. We’ve secured easier access and additional free labor for both move-in and move-out. Please review the details and qualifications closely.
Privately Owned Vehicles (POV) - Defined as cars, pick-up trucks, vans (rental vans are allowed), and other trucks primarily designed for passenger use and no larger than a Ford Econoline Van MAY participate in the LEND-A-HAND PROGRAM
Box Trucks, Straight Trucks, Bobtails, Contract Carriers, Cube Trucks, U-Haul Trucks, Ryder Trucks, as well as any Trailers hitched to any vehicle ARE NOT PERMITTED to participate in the LEND-A-HAND PROGRAM and must also go to the loading dock in the rear of the exhibit hall. All materials loaded in/out of the loading dock will be subject to building charges for the handling of materials
Program Time & Dates
- Tuesday, October 04, 2022 from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, October 05, 2022 from 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Vehicles may enter at 369 12th Ave and proceed to the Level 3 North loading docks for assisted labor
- DO NOT PARK ON 34th STREET OR 11th AVE. NYPD WILL BE TICKETING THOSE THAT STAGE THERE
- Labor assistance via Lend-A-Hand placard at the Level 3 North loading docks is provided at NO Charge.
- Tipping labor is strictly prohibited
- Exhibitors are still permitted to self-load / unload and move materials using a 2-wheeled hand truck from the POV lane of the Inner-Roadway ONLY
Program Time & Dates
- Sunday, October 09, 2022 6:00 PM – 11:59 PM
- There will be a sign-in area for assisted labor move-out at the Level 3 North loading docks
- If you wish to utilize this service, sign in at the predetermined location at the show’s conclusion and labor will come to your booth, load your materials and bring it to your vehicle
- Labor assistance via Lend-A-Hand placard at the Level 3 North loading docks is provided at NO Charge and Tipping labor is strictly prohibited
SHOW DAYS – EXHIBITORS WITH BOXES/INVENTORY
Hand-carry materials are no longer permitted to enter the Crystal Palace via 11th Avenue due to Lincoln Tunnel congestion concerns. On Show Days Exhibitors with product/boxes are to enter the Javits at the Exhibitor Tent located on 37th and 11th. Boxes/items will be X-Rayed and standard bag check, metal detector procedures will take place here. If an Exhibitor is not bringing inventory to the Event on Show Days, please enter the Javits via the Crystal Palace at 35th and 11th for expedited entry.
MOVE-IN AND MOVE-OUT FOR SELF-UNLOADING/PRIVATELY OWNED VEHICLES (POV’S)/HAND-CARRY
The hand carry policy, which is outlined below, is designed to maximize exhibitor move-in/out efficiency and minimize traffic congestion. Exhibitors should take notice that 11th Avenue and the adjacent streets around the Javits Center are no longer permitted to be used for staging or unloading hand-carry materials as in years past by order of the City of New York. Likewise, hand-carry materials are no longer permitted to enter the Crystal Palace, via 11th Avenue due to Lincoln Tunnel congestion concerns.
Exhibitors whose vehicles are illegally parked will be subject to a fine and/or vehicle towing by the New York City Police Department (NYPD). In an effort to streamline the hand carry process for our exhibitors, the Javits Center’s Security and Safety Solutions Department provides all exterior security staffing and oversight for hand carry operations.
- PERMITTED - Privately Owned Vehicles (POV) - Defined as cars, pick-up trucks, vans (rental vans are allowed), and other trucks primarily designed for passenger use and no larger than a Ford Econoline Van
- NOT PERMITTED - Box Trucks, Straight Trucks, Bobtails, Contract Carriers, Cube Trucks, U-Haul Trucks, Ryder Trucks, as well as any Trailers hitched to any vehicle must go to the loading dock in the rear of the exhibit hall. All materials loaded in/out of the loading dock will be subject to building charges for the handling of materials
The Javits Center Hand Carry Policy is as follows:
Enforcement for Hand Carry Operations:
- The Javits Center’s Security and Safety Solutions Department, in conjunction with city and state agencies, will provide security on the inner-roadway and loading docks during all designated hand carry hours of operation;
- The New York City Police Department will provide all enforcement for the New York City streets surrounding the Javits Center;
- The Javits Center reserves the right to search any box, bag, container, crate, etc. to ensure full compliance with the building’s regulations; and
- The Javits Center reserves the right to deny entry to anyone not in compliance with all stated policies and procedures.
- All single occupancy vehicles will be turned away by security personnel – no exceptions. There must be someone representing the exhibitor with the vehicle at all times. Vehicles left unattended will be towed at exhibitor expense.
- Temporary loading and unloading zones are assigned and managed by Javits Public Safety personnel in conjunction with Show Management staff
- Vehicles must be attended by a licensed driver at all times
- Moving company trucks may be loaded and unloaded only on the Javits Center loading dock by Javits Freight Handlers. Such trucks may not be loaded or unloaded in front of the building or on the north end or anywhere else in the vicinity of the Center, as their freight is not considered "hand carry" regardless of its size. Under no circumstances will moving company employees, or any persons other than Javits Freight Handlers or direct employees of an exhibiting company engaged in legitimate "hand carry," be permitted to handle freight on Javits Center property
Approved During Hand Carry Operations:
- Individuals moving materials must be employees of the exhibiting company and must carry identification to verify their position;
- Exhibitors moving materials must use doors and routes designated by event management;
- Hand-carried items can be brought in through the front of the building (east side) only through the inner-roadway and only during event specified times;
- Hanging clothing racks with four wheels are allowed for moving hanging garments;
- Standard jewelry cases with four wheels are permitted for moving jewelry and trade product; and
- Pop-up displays – equal or less than 10 feet in length and capable of being carried by hand by one person – may be brought into the building.
Prohibited During Hand Carry Operations:
- Any materials originating from any vehicle on New York City streets for the purpose of delivering, staging or collecting exhibitor materials;
- Any equipment, other than a two-wheeled baggage cart (plastic or rubber wheels only), to move their materials;
- Power tools, ladders, vacuum cleaners, or any type of carpenter/construction equipment are not permitted in the building, unless specific written approval is obtained in advance;
- Any freight from a box truck, commercial vehicle or any vehicle larger than a standard van;
- Any freight moved on equipment larger than a two-wheeled baggage cart;
- Any freight that cannot be hand carried by one person; and
- Any freight moved by a moving or freight company, contractor or any persons other than Javits Center freight handlers or direct employees of an exhibiting company engaged in approved hand carry operations.
NOTE - Due to the construction of tents and activations, Inner-Roadway access may not be available. Access to the Inner-Roadway will not be available on move-out until Monday, October 10, 2022
- Hand carry operation hours are specific and designated by event management;
- Loading and unloading of vehicles is limited to vehicles no larger than a standard van;
- All vehicles must be issued a Javits Center Placard in order to stage;
- All vehicles are allocated 15 minutes, and the time limit will be strictly enforced;
- All vehicles must be parked perpendicular to the curb and staged with the back of the vehicle against the curb;
- Hazard lights must be activated while staged;
- Double parking is strictly prohibited and will likely result in a fine or tow;
- Parking or standing on 11th Avenue or any of the secondary streets around the Javits Center is strictly prohibited and subject to fine or tow;
- Pre-pack all exhibit items before staging a vehicle curbside; and
- Failure to follow the above regulations may lead to a fine and/or vehicle towing.
Loading Docks & Truck Marshaling Area:
- All vehicles transporting freight larger than a standard van, such as, but not limited to, a moving truck or box truck, are required to load and unload via the Javits Center loading docks;
- The loading docks are accessible during designated hand carry hours for all over-sized vehicles and can be accessed without an appointment via the entrance on 12th Avenue and 39th Street;
Expansion Area Access (Hall 3, Event Space, North Lobby):
- Hand-carry access for exhibitors will always require strict adherence to the published routes and access points;
- Hand-carry access may only occur through the 3A escalator/elevator if the 3A hall is licensed by the same event;
- Via a designated area withing the new truck marshaling building;
- The north lobby may not be used to access any part of the Center for the purpose of delivering or removing exhibitor product or materials;
- The use of passenger elevators or escalators within the expansion space may not be used for the purpose of delivering or removing exhibitor product or materials; and
- Specific hand-carry instructions will be published within the show guide.
All Lend-A-Hand customers check in at 369 12th Ave.
North Freight check in for material handling and oversized vehicles.