At NYCC and all ReedPop events, your health and safety are our top priorities. We’ve implemented new guidelines and policies to help support a safe experience. Every attendee, including fans, exhibitors, artists, guests, crew, and staff, are expected to comply with our health and safety requirements, including:
Security, Health & Safety
We’re excited to welcome you back to New York Comic Con!
Everyone is required to wear an approved face covering while attending NYCC. For more details and requirements about face coverings, please click here.
Please note: Based on current local and venue health guidelines, this policy applies to all attendees, including cosplayers, exhibitors, guests, artists, and staff. We will continue to evaluate this policy and post updates as they are available.
Costume and Cosplay: These policies apply to cosplay and costume pieces. Face coverings must be visible at all times. For this reason, headwear and cosplay pieces which cover the face in a manner which does not visibly fit the face covering requirements will not be permitted. We appreciate your understanding.
In 2021, C2E2 will have reduced capacity from prior years - attendance and badges will be very limited and we are working closely with the venue to determine how many people are permitted in the building each day and at a given time
Everyone attending NYCC will be required to undergo a temperature screening prior to entering. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 degrees (F) will not be permitted entry to NYCC.
Increased Sanitization and Hygiene
ReedPop works with each venue to implement sanitization standards. It is the responsibility of everyone to maintain personal hygiene, including washing your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
We have adjusted our layout and implemented exhibitor guidelines and requirements to promote physical distancing. Please help us maintain the well-being of everyone at NYCC by maintaining a distance of 6 ft. (2 meters) between you and others.
Directional and Distance Markings
Please follow all floor and distance markings and signage.
Follow All Signage and Direction from Staff
Operational adjustments may occur throughout the event in order to ensure the health and safety of all attendees. Please adhere to all signage and direction from all staff.
Greet Without Shaking Hands
Please observe social distancing guidelines when greeting others, avoid handshakes and hugs.
NYCC management and partners are committed to upholding the health & safety standards outlined on this page. Additional details about policies and procedures will be posted here as they are made available. To read more about our efforts to ensure Health & Safety at ReedPop, including Reed Exhibitions in the new normal, please click here.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation, and we hope you enjoy the show!
HEALTH & SAFETY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Please ensure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to the United States and for travel to New York. Visit https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory for more information on New York’s travel advisories.
Please be advised that a risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any event or public space, including NYCC. Prior to purchasing a ticket/badge for and attending NYCC, please ensure you have read the latest CDC Guidelines for Prevention. By attending NYCC, you acknowledge this inherent risk and, as a condition of entering NYCC, you acknowledge, understand and confirm each of the following in accordance with applicable health guidelines:
- You will abide by all NYCC health-and-safety requirements;
- You are not currently experiencing any of the following symptoms of COVID-19, as identified at CDC.gov, including, but not limited to:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Prior to attending NYCC you have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine; and
- You are not under any self-quarantine orders
Please do not enter NYCC or Javits Center if you cannot confirm all of the above criteria. If at any point during your time at NYCC you do not meet all of the above criteria, you will be required to isolate and may be relocated or asked to leave Javits Center at the sole discretion of event management.
Please note: The guidelines in this document are based on information currently available regarding the behavior and characteristics of the COVID-19 virus, public health information and local or state guidelines with respect to large gatherings in any particular community. As more clarity with respect to these variables emerges, it is expected that these guidelines may need to be adjusted accordingly
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes, everyone attending NYCC will be required to undergo a temperature screening prior to entering. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 (F) degrees will not be permitted entry to NYCC, and may be directed to receive additional medical assessment.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds. Please ensure you are free from COVID-19 symptoms prior to traveling. Please click here to view our full ticket terms and conditions.
Please check back soon for more information on where temperature screening for NYCC will take place
ReedPop and NYCC show management partner closely with all venues, local, state, and federal health authorities to maintain a robust operational plan designed to maximize the health and safety of everyone. These Include:
- Strict Compliance with Code of Conduct (including Signage and Staff Guidance)
- Retention of Exhibitor and Attendee information for contact tracing purposes
- Daily Contactless Temperature Screening for Everyone
- Increased Sanitization and Hygiene - trash will be removed from the exhibit halls with greater frequency
- Physical Distancing in Floorplan, Layout and Guidelines for Exhibitors
- Designated entrance and exit points to the event floor
- Plexiglass barriers at Registration/Information Counters and Concession Stands
- Directional and Distance Markings
- Seating areas properly distanced
- Increased staff and security to provide the BEST customer service and information accessibility
- Contactless Greetings – no handshakes or hugs
The Javits Center maintains an extensive health & safety plan for all events, including NYCC. For more information, please click here.
The Javits Center is proud to have received GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation in recognition of enhanced venue health and safety measures. Established by the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (a division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association) the GBAC STAR™ program establishes requirements to support venue work practices, protocols, procedures, and systems that minimize risks associated with infectious agents such as COVID-19
Everyone is expected to fully comply with all health and safety guidelines. Acknowledging the guidelines and agreeing to comply is a requirement of entry (See the Health & Safety Acknowledgement above). NYCC will have specially designated Safety Enforcers available to ensure all guidelines are being followed.
NYCC expects everyone attending NYCC to adhere to our various policies, including anti-harassment, security screening, and more. Please click here to learn more about the other policies in place at NYCC.
NYCC has adopted several exhibitor best practices based on industry standards. By taking advantage of these recommendations, your organization will help ensure a safer experience for all attendees and customers. Please note that these recommendations may be revised and supplemented to ensure compliance with state, local and venue requirements. The Exhibitor Manual will be updated periodically to provide clear guidance on recommendations and requirements for Exhibitors.
- Staffing Your Space: We recommend no more than (3) individuals per 100 sq. ft. of space
- Space Layout & Design: Keep physical distancing in mind when creating your booth layout - maximize physical distance between exhibitor staff and visitors to the extent possible
- Hand Sanitizer: Ensure availability of hand sanitizer at all booths
- One-Way Traffic: For larger island and peninsula booths it is recommended to establish one-way traffic flow with marked entrances and exits
- Throughput: Control the scale, size and timing of meetings or gatherings within your space; avoid creating crowds
- Dividers: Include transparent dividers in areas where people will be in close contact
- Reduce Contact: Consider touchless (electronic and digital) alternatives to engagement, collateral material and giveaways
- Avoid Product Sampling
- PPE: Account for PPE apparel (e.g., staff masks, shields, gloves, etc.)
- Signage: Incorporate signage promoting health and safety best practices
- Increased Cleaning: Plan for cleaning of spaces and surfaces throughout the day; regularly sanitize surfaces and items with appropriate
- Promotional Materials: Ensure promotional materials are individually packaged