We're so excited to see you at NYCC 2021! Our team is constantly reviewing the NYCC health and safety guidelines in accordance with public health recommendations and in collaboration with other event organizers and venue partners. We will continue to update our protocols for NYCC 2021 as needed. Make sure to continue checking this page for the most up-to-date guidelines!
We’re excited to welcome you back to New York Comic Con!
At NYCC and all ReedPop events, your health and safety are our top priorities. We’ve implemented new guidelines and policies to help support a safe experience. Every attendee, including fans, exhibitors, artists, guests, crew, and staff, are expected to comply with our health and safety requirements, including:
***NEW VERIFICATION REQUIREMENT***
Everyone age 12+ will need to provide proof of full vaccination, and those under age 12 will need to provide proof of a negative rapid antigen or PCR lab COVID-19 test to enter NYCC.
Verification of Vaccination for Ages 12+
Everyone entering the Javits Center ages 12 and up will need to be fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved or authorized by the FDA or WHO against COVID-19 in order to attend and participate at NYCC and must show proof of vaccination at their time of entry.
Please note that all restrictions and requirements are subject to change. Please refer to our website often for current guidelines.
Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test for Those Under Age 12
NYCC attendees younger than 12 must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated Guardian and provide proof of one of the following, in addition to properly wearing a face covering at all times while inside the building except while seated when eating or drinking:
negative rapid antigen COVID-19 test taken within 6 hours of entry to each day of the event, or
negative lab PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of entry of each day of the event.
Please note that all restrictions and requirements are subject to change. Please refer to our website often for current guidelines.
Everyone is required to wear an approved face covering while attending NYCC. For more details and requirements about face coverings, please click here.
Please note: Based on current local and venue health guidelines, this policy applies to all attendees, including cosplayers, exhibitors, guests, artists, and staff. We will continue to evaluate this policy and post updates as they are available.
Costume and Cosplay: These policies apply to cosplay and costume pieces. Face coverings must be visible at all times. For this reason, headwear and cosplay pieces which cover the face in a manner which does not visibly fit the face covering requirements will not be permitted. We appreciate your understanding.
Increased Sanitization and Hygiene
ReedPop works with each venue to implement sanitization standards. It is the responsibility of everyone to maintain personal hygiene, including washing your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
In 2021, NYCC will have reduced capacity from prior years - attendance and badges will be very limited and we are working closely with the venue to determine how many people are permitted in the building each day and at a given time
Directional and Distance Markings
We have adjusted our layout and implemented exhibitor recommendations with capacity management and physical distancing in mind. Please follow all floor, directional and distance markings and signage.
Follow All Signage and Direction from Staff
Operational adjustments may occur throughout the event in order to ensure the health and safety of all attendees. Please adhere to all signage and direction from all staff.
Follow the Code of Conduct
Please be aware of and respect the personal boundaries of your fellow attendees so that everyone can enjoy their time at NYCC.
NYCC management and partners are committed to upholding the health & safety standards outlined on this page. Additional details about policies and procedures will be posted here as they are made available. To read more about our efforts to ensure Health & Safety at ReedPop, including Reed Exhibitions in the new normal, please click here.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation, and we hope you enjoy the show!
HEALTH & SAFETY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Please ensure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to the United States and for travel to New York. Visit the New York COVID Travel Safety page for more information.
Please be advised that a risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any event or public space, including NYCC. Prior to purchasing a ticket/badge for and attending NYCC, please ensure you have read the latest CDC Guidelines for Prevention. By attending NYCC, you acknowledge this inherent risk and, as a condition of entering NYCC, you acknowledge, understand and confirm each of the following in accordance with applicable health guidelines:
- You and/or any Minor over the age of 13 for which you serve as a Guardian will activate your Badge and/or any Minor over the age of 13 for which you serve as a Guardian’s badge prior to entering the Event;
- You and/or any Minor for which you serve as a Guardian will abide by all NYCC health-and-safety requirements;
- You and/or any Minor for which you serve as a Guardian are not currently experiencing any of the following symptoms of COVID-19, as identified at CDC.gov, including, but not limited to:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Prior to attending NYCC you have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine; and
- You and/or any Minor for which you serve as a Guardian are not under any self-quarantine orders;
- If you are over the age of 12, that you are fully vaccinated, meaning at the time you are attending the Event it has been at least fourteen (14) days since:
- your second dose in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series authorized by the FDA or by the WHO, such as the Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca vaccines, or
- your single dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine authorized by the FDA or by the WHO, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine; and
- If you are a Guardian attending with a Minor under the age of 12, such Minor has received a negative COVID-19 test, and that and you will provide evidence of such negative COVID-19 test to Event management prior to entering the Event.
All FULLY VACCINATED attendees MUST provide each of the following to Management prior to entry into the Event:
- a government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport; and
- proof of vaccination directly from the healthcare provider that performed the vaccination (whether a physical copy or on a smartphone) OR through the use of the Excelsior Pass (for more details, visit: https://epass.ny.gov).
For purposes of this acknowledgement, a “Minor” means any individual who is under eighteen (18) years of age or has not reached the age of majority as defined by such individual’s jurisdiction of residence, and a “Guardian” means such Minor’s parent or legal guardian or other individual attending NYCC who is over the age of eighteen (18) and acting in loco parentis for such Minor.
Please do not enter NYCC or Javits Center if you cannot confirm all of the above criteria. If at any point during your time at NYCC you do not meet all of the above criteria, you will be required to isolate and may be relocated or asked to leave Javits Center at the sole discretion of event management.
Please note: The guidelines in this document are based on information currently available regarding the behavior and characteristics of the COVID-19 virus, public health information and local or state guidelines with respect to large gatherings in any particular community. As more clarity with respect to these variables emerges, it is expected that these guidelines may need to be adjusted accordingly
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Attendees will be asked to show proof of full vaccination on their smartphone or through a physical copy, along with an appropriate ID matching the name on the documentation.
For all attendees, your documentation needs to be directly from the healthcare provider that performed the vaccination, and you can display your proof on your smartphone or present a physical copy.
Anyone 18 years or older must also present a government-issued ID such as driver’s license or passport. Those younger than 18 may use a government-issued ID, birth certificate, social security card, school ID, or locally-issued ID.
We accept proof of vaccination of any vaccine approved by the World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/covid-19-vaccines.
Minors that are under the age of 12 and attending with a Guardian will be asked to show proof of a negative test result on their smartphone or through a physical copy, along with an appropriate ID matching the name on the documentation.
For all such attendees, your documentation needs to be directly from the healthcare provider that performed the test, and you can display your proof on your smartphone or present a physical copy.
Those younger than age 12 may use a government-issued ID, birth certificate, social security card, school ID, or locally-issued ID.
“Fully vaccinated” means by the date of the event you are attending must be:
- at least 14 days after your second dose of a FDA or WHO approved two dose COVID-19 vaccine, or
- at least 14 days after your single dose of a FDA or WHO approved single dose COVID-19 vaccine.
As required by the NYC Health Department, ReedPop and New York Comic Con will accept valid proof of Full Vaccination with:
- Any COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Johnson & Johnson/Jansen
- Any COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Any active COVID-19 vaccine used during a U.S.-based clinical trial
All other COVID-19 vaccines, including Sputnik V, Sputnik Light, Covaxin, and Sinopharm-WIBP are not acceptable. The NYC Health Department may change these requirements as the situation evolves.
We will also accept mixed COVID-19 vaccine schedules of WHO-authorized vaccines to establish Full Vaccination status.
*This list is current as of September 23, 2021 and may be revised in the future.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer badge/ticket refunds. You can review our full ticket terms and conditions here. Please ensure you are free from COVID-19 symptoms prior to traveling.
But wait! There is another option available to you through our Lyte Badge Exchange. Lyte will accept returns on sold out NYCC badge types and you can sell your NYCC badge to another fan who would like to attend.
ReedPop and NYCC show management partner closely with all venues, local, state, and federal health authorities to maintain a robust operational plan designed to maximize the health and safety of everyone. These Include:
- Verification that all attendees ages 12 and older at NYCC are fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Verification that all attendees under age 12 NYCC have shown evidence of a negative COVID-19 test
- Strict Compliance with Code of Conduct (including Signage and Staff Guidance)
- Retention of Exhibitor and Attendee information for contact tracing purposes
- Increased Sanitization and Hygiene - trash will be removed from the exhibit halls with greater frequency
- Designated entrance and exit points to the event floor
- Directional and Distance Markings
- Increased staff and security to provide the BEST customer service and information accessibility
The Javits Center maintains an extensive health & safety plan for all events, including NYCC. For more information, please click here.
The Javits Center is proud to have received GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation in recognition of enhanced venue health and safety measures. Established by the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (a division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association) the GBAC STAR™ program establishes requirements to support venue work practices, protocols, procedures, and systems that minimize risks associated with infectious agents such as COVID-19
Everyone is expected to fully comply with all health and safety guidelines. Acknowledging the guidelines and agreeing to comply is a requirement of entry (See the Health & Safety Acknowledgement above). NYCC will have specially designated Safety Ambassadors available to ensure all guidelines are being followed.
NYCC expects everyone attending NYCC to adhere to our various policies, including anti-harassment, security screening, and more. Please click here to learn more about the other policies in place at NYCC.
NYCC has adopted several exhibitor best practices based on industry standards. By taking advantage of these recommendations, your organization will help ensure a safer experience for all attendees and customers. Please note that these recommendations may be revised and supplemented to ensure compliance with state, local and venue requirements. The Exhibitor Manual will be updated periodically to provide clear guidance on recommendations and requirements for Exhibitors.
- Space Layout & Design: Keep physical distancing in mind when creating your booth layout - maximize physical distance between exhibitor staff and visitors to the extent possible
- Hand Sanitizer: Ensure availability of hand sanitizer at all booths
- Throughput: Control the scale, size and timing of meetings or gatherings within your space; avoid creating crowds
- Dividers: Include transparent dividers in areas where people will be in close contact
- Reduce Contact: Consider touchless (electronic and digital) alternatives to engagement, collateral material and giveaways
- Signage: Incorporate signage promoting health and safety best practices
- Increased Cleaning: Plan for cleaning of spaces and surfaces throughout the day; regularly sanitize surfaces and items with appropriate