Private Drawing Session With Jim Lee
In collaboration with DC Comics, New York Comic Con is offering aspiring artists a true once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. A few lucky artists who submit their portfolio for review by DC Comics editors will be hand selected to participate in an intimate, private 2-hour drawing session with the one and only Jim Lee! In addition to his role as President, Publisher and CCO of DC Comics, the legendary Jim Lee is one of the greatest and most prolific comic artists of all time. Jim Lee will work hands-on with selected artists, sharing his wealth of industry knowledge helping these lucky artists elevate their craft to the next level.
Private Drawing Session will take place on Saturday, October 14 at New York Comic Con. Time and location
DC Portfolio Reviews:
Please read carefully
- Portfolios can be submitted at the back of the River Pavilion at the Info Desk (which is accessible via the escalators between the main Show Floor entrances in the Crystal Palace) on Thursday, October 12 from 11:00 AM-5:00 PM, Friday, October 13 from 11:00 AM-5:00 PM, and Saturday, October 14 from 11:00 AM-5:00 PM. Review sessions for these submissions will take place the following day(s) by editors Katie Kubert and Paul Kaminski
- Portfolios MUST contain your contact information. This includes your full name, cell phone number, and e-mail address.
- Portfolio review schedule will be posted in the back of the River Pavilion, at the info table on Friday, October 13; Saturday, October 14; and Sunday, October 15 mornings. Please visit this location to confirm your scheduled review time and location for the reviews.
- Do not leave original work with us. Whatever your portfolio contains, make sure you keep the original work. We cannot be responsible for any lost or misplaced work.
- Please respect the editors' time and opinion.
- Review sessions are limited to artists only.
- Not all submissions will be chosen for review.
- A select few will be picked and reviews by Jim Lee on Saturday Morning. Please keep an eye on your email and on the posted list as well.
Please note: Submissions/portfolios will NOT be returned.